- 2 USA Pears
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 24 baguette rounds, toasted
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, spreadable
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted*
- Freshly ground black pepper, (optional)
- Core pears and cut into 48 thin slices.
- In large frying pan, heat vinegar, butter and honey over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until reduced by half, about 2 tablespoons.
- Add pear slices and continue cooking 1 minute, turning once.
- Place 2 pear slices on each baguette round and top with 1 teaspoon goat cheese.
- Sprinkle almonds over cheese and garnish with fresh pepper, if desired.
*To toast almonds, place in heavy frying pan and toast over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until tan with toasted aroma.
source: Family Features
Powered by Facebook Comments