- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Almond Praline Topping (recipe follows)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, almonds, sugar and butter; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs and almond extract; mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until center is set. Cool. Top with Almond Praline Topping. Chill. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- Almond Praline Topping – In small saucepan, combine brown sugar and whipping cream. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in almonds. Spoon evenly over cheesecake.
source: Family Features