- 1 (9-inch) pie crust (press-in or fancy)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pasteurized egg product
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup (20) peppermint candies, crushed
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- Pie Crust – Preheat oven to 400°F. Place or press dough into 9-inch pie pan.
- Prick pastry with a fork. Line bottom and up sides of crust with foil and add dried beans or pie weights. Bake 15 minutes, remove foil. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until crust is golden. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- Filling – In bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Combine egg product and whipping cream, gradually add to butter mixture while beating, scraping bowl often. Beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reserve half of mixture in small bowl. Add cooled white chocolate to remaining half of mixture; beat well. Stir in crushed candy. Spread in baked pie crust; chill 10 minutes.
- Return reserved butter mixture to bowl, add cooled semi-sweet chocolate; beat well. Spread over white chocolate layer. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
source: Family Features