- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 16-ounce package button mushrooms, rinsed, stems trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion (1 small onion)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon Organic Mushroom Base
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon Organic Chicken Base
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In soup pot, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until liquid evaporates, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add flour, dry seasonings, mushroom and chicken bases; stir to combine.
- Add water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove soup from heat and puree with a hand held immersion blender, or in batches in the blender.
- Return blended soup to medium-low heat and add cream. Cook and stir until soup is thoroughly heated, about 5 to 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
source: Family Featuers | Southeastern Mills
Powered by Facebook Comments