- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 large leeks (about 1/2 pound), trimmed, cleaned and sliced
- 3 large seedless cucumbers (4 cups), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Black pepper
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup feta or blue cheese crumbles
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté for 5 minutes. Mix in cucumbers; sauté for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Add leeks, cucumbers, milk, lemon juice and mint to blender or food processor; puree for 1 minute. Add pepper and salt to taste; blend together.
- In separate bowl, mix yogurt and honey together. Fold into cucumber soup. For best flavor results, chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, ladle soup into four bowls. Add 2 tablespoons of tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of cheese crumbles in center of each bowl.
source: Family Features | Midwest Dairy Council