New to using cooking wine? Try this delicious recipe for Creamy Marsala Spaghetti Sauce for a unique twist on traditional Bolognaise.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine
- 2 1/2teaspoons parsley
- 2 carrots, shredded or finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespoon oregano
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or cream
- In a frying pan over low heat, gently and slowly cook hamburger with 1/4 cup of the cooking wine and 1 1/2 teaspoons of parsley.
- Chop the carrots, mushrooms, garlic and onion, and add to an 8-quart pot with the olive oil. Saute the veggies until soft (about 2 minutes) and then add remaining parsley and oregano. Add the remaining 3/4 cup of cooking wine to the pot and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and sugar. Stir and gently simmer over low heat for at least 20 minutes or for up to an hour. Drain the meat and add it to the pot. Finish with half-and-half or cream, stirring until combined.
- Prepare your favorite pasta according to packet instructions and stir the sauce into the drained noodles. Serve.