- Candied Pecans
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Large pinch cayenne
- Fennel Grape Salad
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups red and green seedless California grapes, halved (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula
To make the pecans:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a medium-size bowl, toss together the pecans, sugar, maple syrup, salt, cumin and cayenne.
- Spread in a single layer on a parchment or foil-lined small baking sheet and bake until browned and crisp, stirring once or twice, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool.-
To make the salad:
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the grapes, fennel and arugula and toss.
- Sprinkle with the pecans and serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments