- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 ears fresh Florida sweet corn, kernels removed
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium broth (vegetable or chicken)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- Melt butter in large, heavy pot. Add onion and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until lightly browned, for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in corn and garlic, cooking until corn is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add broth and simmer until corn is tender, about 15 minutes. Lightly season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer half the soup into blender or food processor; purée until almost smooth. Add blended soup back into unblended soup; stir to combine.
- Add tomatoes, scallion and 1 tablespoon cilantro; bring to a boil. Serve hot and garnish with cilantro.
source: Family Features