- 8 dried ancho chiles, trimmed and seeded
- 3 pounds ground beef, preferably coarse-ground chuck
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 1 OSO Sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans
- Salt to taste
- Chopped colorful bell peppers for garnish
- Soak dried chiles in 1 quart warm water to soften about 15 minutes. In blender, puree chiles with their liquid. In large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat half of oil and brown beef. Remove and reserve.
- Add remaining oil to same pan, and lightly brown onion and garlic. Stir in paprika, cumin, oregano and allspice. Add chile puree, beef, beans and salt to taste, and bring to boil. Cover and simmer 1 hour, or until chili is rich and concentrated. Offer chopped bell peppers to garnish.
source: Family Features