- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups mild salsa verde
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup loose-pack frozen corn
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Low-fat 2% Milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- Baked tortilla chips and light sour cream for serving (optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook on each side until golden. Transfer to plate; cover.
- Add onion to same saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds. Stir in cumin and coriander; cook for 30 seconds. Stir in salsa verde, cannellini beans, pinto beans, water and corn. Cook for 10 minutes or until hot.
- Cut or shred chicken into bite-size pieces and add to saucepan along with any accumulated juices on plate. Stir in evaporated milk and spinach; cook for a few minutes just until heated through and spinach is slightly wilted. Serve topped with crumbled tortilla chips and dollop of sour cream.
source: Family Features