Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 10 servings
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and diced
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 5 1/4 cups Swanson Vegetable Broth (regular or Certified Organic)
- 1 can (about 19 ounces) white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Easy Basil Pesto (recipe follows)
- Heat carrots, potatoes, turnip, leeks, celery and 1 3/4 cups broth in large saucepot over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Reserve 1/2 cup broth for Easy Basil Pesto. Stir remaining broth, beans, bay leaf and red pepper into saucepot. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf. Serve topped with Easy Basil Pesto.
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Easy Basil Pesto: Mix 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, 3 cloves garlic and 1/2 cup reserved broth in food processor bowl or blender jar. Cover and process until smooth.
source: Family Features
Powered by Facebook Comments