Enchilada Rice Soup
When it comes to creating a dish that’s nutritious, delicious, economical and a real crowd-pleaser, it’s a good idea to go with the grain. Grains of rice, that is.
Some rice, such as Texmati Brown Rice, is all natural and grown in the U.S.It’s a nutritious addition to many of your favorite dishes.
Rice can be a hearty part of a quick and easy soup that’s great as a light, one-dish dinner; the first course in an elaborate meal for many; or a nice, warming and wholesome treat to serve when the gang has gathered at your place to watch the game-or play one.
Make this Enchilada Rice Soup with low-fat ingredients to deliciously improve your family’s diet.
(Yield: 8−10 servings)
- 3 cups cooked Texmati Brown Rice
- 3 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (1-lb., 10-oz.) jar chunky garden vegetable pasta sauce
- 1 (10-oz.) can mild red enchilada sauce
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- Shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Light sour cream, optional
In large saucepan, combine rice and all other ingredients, except cheese. Over medium-high heat, bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10−15 minutes. Serve topped with cheese and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
For more great recipes and food facts, visit www.riceselect.com.